Under here are Etsy's monthly figures, its so-called weather report. A quick analyse shows not only volumes were up, but the growth of turnover exceeded the growth in sheer item-volume, which indicates the average price per sale went up. Slightly worrying is the flimsy growth in new members, only 0.1%.
Blooming flowers and rising temperatures made May the perfect month to hop on a bike and go for a ride. The Etsy community rode through the month with sunny days and growth to match.
- $65.9 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in May, 3.6% higher than April’s $63.6 million
- That represents 3,034,442 items sold for the month, 2.4% higher than April’s 2,962,196
- 2,248,143 new items were listed in the month, 2.1% higher than April’s 2,202,219
- 688,365 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 935, or 0.1%, from April
- 1.29 billion page views were recorded on the site in May
The $65.9 million of goods sold (after refunds and cancellations) represents a 68.5% increase from May 2011′s total. At the same time, items sold were up 51.2%. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in May!
Source: Etsy.com / Sinohe Terrero